Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whats the best free circuit simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariaR

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
free circuit simulator

Please help.

circuit simulator freeware

Hi

I think ng-spice is fine. It its the revision of spice 3f5 with many added features.

1. h**p://ngspice.sourceforge.net/
2. h**p://ngspice.sourceforge.net/download.html

Note: I am looking for windows pre-compiled version of ng-spice rework.

* -> t

tnx

spice simulator freeware

There r lots of circuit simulator BUT the available demo/student have always some limit in the number of devices or in saving ....
so if U want a FREE one I think U should try
SwitcherCAD from Linear Technology
https://www.linear.com/software/

free circuit simulation

Well Tina pro 6 is quite good for it's money. For 50 dollars you can download the student version.

freeware circuit simulation

Hello, mariaR

Re. you inquiry, I'd like to recommend one more.
It's not great simulator, but I think it's very easy and well GUI.
For basic and junior circuits, you can simulate and check their
scoped wave at any circuit node. Easier than SPICE and freeware.
Please check below linx.
https://www.autotraxeda.com

Good luck.
:roll:

circuit simulator free

Go to the Linear technology's site https://www.linear.com/software/ and download LTspice/SwitcherCAD III

SwitcherCAD™ III is a fully functional Spice III simulator with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators. This Spice is a high performance circuit simulator, integrated waveform viewer, which also includes schematic capture. Our enhancements to Spice have made simulating switching regulators extremely fast compared to normal Spice simulators. Included in this download are Spice, Macro Models for 80% of Linear Technology's switching regulators and over 200 op amp models. Furthermore, resistors, transistors and MOSFET models are included as part of this package. With this Spice simulation, viewing of the waveforms of most switching regulators can be achieved in a few minutes on a high performance PC. Also, full circuits using op amps or transistors can easily be simulated.

It's a full working spice with a (basic) schematic entry and nice scope.

It woks, it's nice, it's free.

A.

free circuit simulators

Try this and ask to let it free.

hxxp://www.fe.uni-lj.si/spice/welcome.html

free rf simulator

Check out this one for symbolic simulator:

**broken link removed**

Simple to use. But approximation got some problems.

One catch is you need update the software every couple monthes. The license expires soon.

free online circuit simulator

Hello
i use microsim demo version for a while, it's full functionnal with some limitation. The best way is to look for demo version with few restriction of commercial prodcts.

circuit simulation free

**broken link removed**

Re: spice simulation freeware

I got a .tar.gz file from this link. Can you tell how to install this file.

I got a .tar.gz file from this link. Can you tell how to install this file.

# 1: Uncompress tarball

To uncompress them, execute the following command(s) depending on the extension:
$ tar zxf file.tar.gz
$ tar zxf file.tgz
$ tar jxf file.tar.bz2
$ tar jxf file.tbz2

Now change directory
$ ls
$ cd path-to-software/
# 2: Build and install software

Generally you need to type 3 commands as follows for building and compiling software:
# ./configure
# make
# make install

Where,
./configure will configure the software to ensure your system has the necessary functionality and libraries to successfully compile the package
make will compile all the source files into executable binaries. (if not You have to install it using command line or from software center available in linux)..
Finally, make install will install the binaries and any supporting files into the appropriate locations.
# 3: Read INSTALL / README file

Each tarball comes with installation and build instructions. Open INSTALL or README file for more information:
$ vi INSTALL

Courtesy:
How to install Linux / UNIX *.tar.gz tarball files

I followed the steps but nothing happens. Do we need to type the #. Can you explain the BUILD AND INSTALL SOFTWARE step .

I followed the steps but nothing happens. Do we need to type the #. Can you explain the BUILD AND INSTALL SOFTWARE step .

if you are using redhat derivative which used rpm pakage, the complete pakage is available at the website. no need to do these steps

As I Mentioned, You are compiling the software source for yourself (great !! you are creating the software for yourself).
So in order to do it, you need to have the required libraries first.............
Each tarball comes with installation and build instructions. Open INSTALL or README file for more information:
$ vi INSTALL

Read the installation file... ( you can do it by manually browsing............ )
you can find:
Compiling ViPEC (Unix platform):
--------------------------------

To compile ViPEC you will need:
- A C++ compiler.
- The latest Qt libraries from Troll Tech. (You need version 2.2.0
or higher - get them at ftp.troll.no).
- The tmake utility (also from Troll Tech - Qt - Cross-platform application and UI framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework).

1. Unpack the archive.
2. Create the makefiles by typing "make release" or "make debug" in the top
directory.
3. Build the application by typing "make".
4. The above steps can be combined by typing "make all".

This should leave you with the binary "vipec" in the top directory.

To install the program under the /opt directory, type "make install". The
default install path can be changed by editing the Makefile.
So first thing is to make sure that you have the requiremnts for compiling the software.
To compile ViPEC you will need:
- A C++ compiler.
- The latest Qt libraries from Troll Tech. (You need version 2.2.0
or higher - get them at ftp.troll.no).
- The tmake utility (also from Troll Tech - Qt - Cross-platform application and UI framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework)
You can confirm it by selecting the software center.
Now no need to worry about it.
Do we need to type the #
-Answer no. # is for the root user.$ is for the common user
Let us begin.

1. Type first command 'sudo make release'. it is for Creating makefile for release version. sudo command makes you as super user (root),type the password for it.
Now you may not get any error message--->Your first step is succesful
You may get error message saying that:
1. Some command not found
2. Something cannot found etc....
No need to panic. we have to just install these files from software center or using command line. Search the missing 'something' in software center &
install it. for example: if you get some error message that qmake is not found, search for the pakage that contains qmake and install it through
software center.(it is pretty easy)
after that again type the 'sudo make release'.... repeat the above steps until you get no error.
Now you have all the libraries and it is ready for making the file
2.Next step is make your software.
yes, type 'sudo make'
you will get a lot of texts flashing through the terminal............ wait sometime until it finishes.
Now your software binaries are ready.
3. Now install the software.
use 'sudo make install'
this will copy the necessary permisions and install the files in your system
4. That is it.. you will find the software ,either in the directory you done the operations...or in the application section.
5. following this steps, you will be able to do install it without any problems.......
incase of any, feel free to post it.
whe you post it : i want to know whch version of linux are you using....... version of ViPEC............ and the clear screenshot of the error you get.

6. All the best...

hope this help you to successfully install and use it.

Re: free circuit simulator

Check out SPICE Online (www.ngspice.com). It is a web based SPICE simulator powered by ngspice. The web interface allows you to run simulations on virtually any OS without installing any software.

Re: free circuit simulator

Check out SPICE Online (www.ngspice.com). It is a web based SPICE simulator powered by ngspice. The web interface allows you to run simulations on virtually any OS without installing any software.

Interesting. While it is obviously a bit limiting having no schematic entry, it does give the ability to run simulations on a mobile phone or tablet PCB which could be handy from time to time.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back