Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is some softwares or tools can calculate Greens function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

div

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Green's function

Hi all:

Do you know whether there is some
softwares or tools can calculate
Green's function, either simbolically
or numerically?

The input should not be limited by
planar structure and symmetric structures.
It is powerful if it can solve general cases.

If there is no such software,
maybe it is a good topic for research.

Regards
Div

Hello.
As far I know, there is no software like that and I think that almost everybody is using one of this two aproachs
1) Free space Green's function for 3D problems if computing current distributions (eg. MoM)
2) Spectral or spatial Green's functions for boxed/open multilayer structures (2.5D)

Well, you can even use free space Green's functions to analize multilayer structures using Lindell's EIT :) (only for dyadic fanatics)

Free tools for computing spatial microstrip and slotline Green's functions

"Sommerfeld; A FORTRAN library for computing Sommerfeld integrals", E. Jimenez, F. Cabrera, J.G. Cuevas, IEEE AP Symposium, Baltimore, USA, 1996

The interactive e-book that eirp has pointed out today. Thanks, boss :)

For planer structure, Green's function for regular shapes are available. You may refer Handbook of Microstrip antennas by

1. Jemes and Hall

or

2. Bahl and Bhartia

or

3. Garg et all

Analytical methods like Multiple Network Model uses these functions.

Green's function

Thank g86 for the advice of planer structure.

I guess maybe the general case such as none-planar
and none-symmetric is not very common so that
there is not much effert put into this challenge.

Div

Re: Green's function

Compelaxity of Green function is specified by Boundary condtion. Green function for free space and space with simple boundary in 2D and 3D dimention can be found in the references. for detailed information please see the chap.13 of "Advanced Electeromagnetic" by Balanice
:x

good suggestion: "Compelaxity of Green function is specified by Boundary condtion. Green function for free space and space with simple boundary in 2D and 3D dimention can be found in the references."

you may read the famous book written by Prof. Tai C. T. "dydaic green function in EM", and I think It will helpful to you.

Tai's book is an advanced book about Green functions. you may find usfule comment about this subject in the simple matemathic books. I send the name of a usfule book in the future
8O

Following Book have some good materials about Green's Function
R.Habeman , Elementary Applied Partial Differential Equation
Best wishes
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back