Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the Under Dumpling in Control Engineering System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siekiam

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Under Dumpling

Dear all,

Anyone could explain to myself what's the meaning of Under Dumpling in Control Engineering System.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks & best regards,
Sie Kiam

Re: Under Dumpling

I think you mean under damping (and over damping and critical damping).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damping

If a system is under damped, then it will quickly reach a set output but will overshoot.

If it's under damped, then it will keep getting closer and closer to the set output, but never actually reach it.

If it's critically damped, then the value will be reached quickly with minimal or no overshoot.

I expect others will explain more clearly than me! At least you know what to look for in web searches now.

dom.

Re: Under Dumpling

Each second order system has a dumped oscillatory response(that is a sinusoid whose amplitude decrases exponentially with time).

exp (-t/T) * sin (wt)

If the time constant T of the exponential term is long in comparison with the period of the sinusoidal term then the circuit is underdamped and oscillation appears in the response.

as T reduces the oscillations die out more quickly and the response becomes overdamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back