Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I implement a PCM encoder in practice? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
block diagram of pcm encoder

Hello everybody :D

I need a quick help please,

How can I build a PCM encoder? what are the components i need,

I didn't deal before with DSP at all except in very small parts on Matlab, but i can't imagine how does it be built in reality,

Can anyone help,
Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

pulse code modulation block diagram matlab

Hi,
look at this link:
**broken link removed**
This is Application note for Subscriber Line Interface for
Digital Switching Systems.
It is not new one but you can use it's idea.
Regards,
Davood.

implementing pcm in matlab

That looks nice,

But i think it may be more usefull to me, and you will be much able to help if i told you straight forward about my problem..

The problem is i have an FM Radio IC (tda7000), this IC doesn't accept bit rates higher than about 9,600 paud, and i want to build a digital data link with higher bit rate ability (up to mega or twice mega pauds if available),
to make that, i thought to convert serial data into parallel, then PCM each group of that parallel data (say 16 bits together in a word) into a serial code (i know PCM but i didn't deal before with it in fact), then data rate is now supposed to be 1/16 from its original value, right?

Do you think it can be succeed?

Do you have anyother ideas?!

Thanks alot in advance,
Ahmad,

pcm encoder

could you please give your block diagram.
i dont underestand, what is your problem.

pcm block diagram

Davood Amerion said:
could you please give your block diagram.
i dont underestand, what is your problem.

Okay, I will go out to do something very important that can't be delayed now, and after that, i will draw a block diagram and give further explaination for it..

So, please check the post again after an hour for example,

Okay?

Thank you bro,
Ahmad,

Re: How can I implement a PCM encoder in practice? Please he

As I understand it...

PCM is Pulse Code Modulation. That is just a stream of ones and zeros (or + volts and -volts, 0 volts and 5 volts, whatever).

You could do multi-level signalling, where you convert say two bits at a time into one of 4 voltage levels and transfer those through the FM radio system, but to transfer say 8 bits at a time would need 256 voltage levels, to do 16 bits at a time would need 65536 voltage levels! I can't see an FM radio system being quiet enough to do that.

I think (uk) digital TV systems use 64 QAM which uses 64 different levels of phase and amplitude on each carrier. And lots of error detection and correction.

If you could get 1 MBit over a 9600 baud channel, then telephone modems would do it too! I think they use a similar system with 9600 symbols per second to get their 56k bit / second maximum data rate.

Sorry.

dom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back