Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for RS232 to USB converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

memedo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RS232 to USB?

Hi... I'm looking for RS232 to usb converter. I don't know is this possible. somebody helps me please

Re: RS232 to USB?

There are many RS232 to USB converter available for around $29.95USD. I have a couple in hand made by:
CP Tech USA - www.cptechusa.com
CSABrent
I'm sure you could find a dozen more with a quick google search.

memedo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
RS232 to USB?

maybe chips from ftdi useful for your design!
FT232BU or similar chip can solve your design problem exactly if you want to this to communicate a master device i.e pc or computer...

memedo

jsm said:
There are many RS232 to USB converter available for around $29.95USD. I have a couple in hand made by:
CP Tech USA - www.cptechusa.com
CSABrent
I'm sure you could find a dozen more with a quick google search.

There aren't RS232 to Usb converter in www.cptechusa.com. I'm looking for a long time but I did't find knowledge about this system.

Added after 9 minutes:

mucko said:
maybe chips from ftdi useful for your design!
FT232BU or similar chip can solve your design problem exactly if you want to this to communicate a master device i.e pc or computer...

How can I acquire FT232BU or similar chip? Can you give me more extensive knowledge.

memedo said:
There aren't RS232 to Usb converter in www.cptechusa.com.

Believe me or not, there are.
https://www.cornerproducts.com/cgi/products.php?cat=3&sc=30
scroll down to CP-US-03 USB to Serial Adapter

But probably you need one that covers new OTG (Limited host capability to communicate with selected other USB peripherals).
I mean you have one microcontroller with serial interface (and want linked to a USB device, say a storage device (flash stick)
If you want that, the CP-US-03 is useless indeed. You need one microcontroller to perform as a host.

If this is not the case, then USB to Serial Adapter CP-US-03 it's suitable for your needs. Or if you don't want "ready made", FT232BU could be a solution.
Well, it happens to take a look inside one of "ready made" devices in order to see what kind of micro uses ? Go to www.ftdichip.com

memedo

you can use pl-2303HX from www.prolific.com. This chip is used in usb to serial cable
for mobiles, like siemens, nokia. I have dissassembled one, it has few passive components and this chip.

I think you did'nt understand me. I'm looking for serial cable to usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back