Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to do bottomup scan synthesis in DFT compiler 0509XGenv

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I do bottom-up scan synthesis with synopsys DC Version X-2005.09, when I stitch scan chains at top level like this " set_scan_path chain1 -view existing_dft -scan_data_in PAD_TIN7 -scan_data_out PAD_TOUT7 -ordered_elements {top/U1/1, top/U2/1} -complete true " it report "Warning: top/U1/1, is not a valid cell name;Warning: top/U2/1, is not a valid cell name", but when I change current_design to U1 or U2 and "report_scan_path -chain all" scan_path 1 does exist, what should I do now? Thank you very much!

Re: how to do bottomup scan synthesis in DFT compiler 0509X

Hi,
You can check the cells in scan chain using command:
report_test -scan_path
You can use this list for your command.

Ordered list can include sequential cells, design instances, scan segments, and scan links. The cells names you are giving in your command may not be valid for ordered list. Use get_cells command to check if these cells are actually present in your design.
Also I think we don't have to give top module name in complete hierarchical name for cells, so try using U1/1 instead of TOP/U1/1.

Hope this information will help you.

Regards,
Jitendra

you need test-protocol from IP vendor.

for your own design. there doesn't need to use the bottom up fashion

HI jitendra, report_test command is not supported in XG mode and I use report_scan_path -cell all instead, the cells are actually present in design. I use U1/1 instead of TOP/U1/1, the same warning message reported, maybe some other reason exist, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back