Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do we get start with the complex mathematic calculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuenkit

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
complex mathematic

how to we use verilog to describe complex maths calculation? for example dealing with exponential calculation? complex number?

can you tell me where i can get started?

verilog+mathematic

hi,
you have to use computer arithmetic ,not mathematic. in digital world, only adder exist. so you have to implement your algorithm to adder&other control logic.
there are so many books describing "computer arithmetic", you can find them as reference and very useful.

Hi yuenkit,

usually people transform complex number operation into real one. For example: multiplying (a + jb) * (c + jd) = (ac - bd) + j(bc + ad), so you save the first complex number into two real numbers, and the second complex number also into two real numbers, then the result of the multiplication can be calculated based on those 4 real numbers.

best

Re: how do we get start with the complex mathematic calculat

oh, the complex here is referring to "complicated" :) not the real & imaginary number :)

In that case, i.e. dealing with complicated math calculation, the standard strategy is to simplify the corresponding equation before implementing it.

best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back