Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with soldering & desoldering tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

rascabuche

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
desoldering tools

can anone tell me please, where i i can buy the best tools for soldering & desoldering.
I am presently working on some Audio & Monitors and observed that there is some chips that i cant handle with my 30 watts soldering iron. I sometimes cause damage to the pads. I have heard about some CONVECTIOn TOOLS. Will these tools be appropriate for removing chips like the SOIC-24 & PLCC-24. The lines on the circuit boards are thinner. Please advice me on these tools and where i can order from.

Thanks in advance.

Ras.:?:

The best handheld soldering/desoldering tools come from WELLER but for fine pitch IC's you will need a stereomicroscope (microscope with twin view lenses). The best (but expensive) come from Leica/Wild. Soldering/desoldering with a microscope can be done with relatively standard 50W electronic soldering irons and air soldering irons. For BGA you need expensive soldering stations from companies like ZEWAC and X-ray inspection tools.

rascabuche

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.