Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBIS models of surface mounted devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmunoz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s2ibis3

Hello All,

I am looking to generate IBIS models of SMD. I've looked at the s2ibis3 software, but can't get it to work with the examples. I need a better understanding of how the program interacts with Hspice. Also, unsure how the s2ibis3.bat file knows what directory to look for the XXX.s2i file.

If anyone has a PSpice example that I can use with the s2ibis3 software, it would be greatly appreciated if you would provide me a copy. The examples provided with the downloaded zip file all seem to be other breeds of spice, i.e. Hspice and spectre.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

GMunoz

spice2ibis spectre

Hello GMunoz,
S2IBIS3 has not been explicitly tested with pspice. S2IBIS3 has been tested only with HSPICE, SPECTRE, SMARTSPICE and ELDO.
You can check if your question about s2ibis3.bat file has been answered in the s2ibis3 faq website (**broken link removed**). If not, you can write to the s2ibis3 authors and they will respond to your question.
thanks,
Ambrish.

ibis sample.s2i

thnaks for the link.

is there any way to create IBIS model from these HSpice models.

Help is really appreciated

eldo ibis

Hi,
Yes. IBIS models can be created using HSPICE netlist using tools like s2ibis3.
Thanks,
Ambrish.

www.ece.ncsu.edu/erl/ibis/faq/s2ibis3_faq.htm

1. use spice 2 IBIS generate spice netlist

2. run hspice and get I/O data
but sometime I/O simulation will not convergency by hspice , becasue hspice run IBIS I/O will sweep
from "negative" to "positive"

3. you can get I/O data

4. use hspice + IBIS model & sim I/O curve
for match hspice sim data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back