Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement a crystal oscillator for 2.4576MHz crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshaalan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Crystal oscillator

Dear all,

can anyone please tell me how to implement a crystal oscillator for 2.4576 MHz crytasl.or if anyone has circuit for it.i found some circuits but they don't work on simulation on orcad

Re: Crystal oscillator

The problem could be orcad. Use the .option statement to reduce the absolute tolerance and the relative tolerance values by several factors of ten. This will make the simulation take more time, but will produce the proper results.

If you want a mundane performance circuit, look at an amateur radio handbook where you will find several circuits that have stood the test of time.

Please check that your simulator options.
If you have gear2 (or gear), then you will not get any oscillations since this option tries to suppress the oscillatory behavior of the circuits.

you have to use option like trap.

As this is a 4 year old thread I think any replies will be a bit late!

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.