Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to case my project pcb into a suitable case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_ahmed22

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i want to case my project pcb after test and assemble it.
anybody have an easy idea to make a good case for my projects??
or buy a cheap cases? from where can i buy them?
is there any online seller???
to be able to sell it

many thanks

Ahmed
www.i-g.org

hi,
why nobode answer me??:(
is my question clear???
i want to make or buy a good case to my project (metal, plastic,.................), how????????????????

thanx everybody

have a nice day
ahmed
salam
www.i-g.org

I dont know why your question is not answered, sometimes i feel same. Silence n multicultural means - nobody wish to answer

Have a look there :
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Hi Ahmed,
Perhaps no one saw your post, or, some saw it but couldn't answer.
I have looked for the same, and find a lot of sites when I Google, but nothing very satasfying. I also checked the two links above, but they were both 404 errors.
I'm living in Korea now, and I have seen some wonderful aluminum cases being made in Seoul. I haven't found any way to buy them on the internet, but I'm wondering if there is a metal fabrication place near you. I would suggest having boxes custom made, if you want quality.

If you want low cost, I know that Future box, in Thailand makes a whole range of plastic cases, which are quite cheep, but I don't have a link. You could try
**broken link removed**

And there is always
http://www.funnykit.co.kr/
although it is in Korean, I think you could find the plastic boxes there. Click on 다목적 케이스, and when the menu expands, click on 알루미늄, the first sub menu, for aluminum boxes, or 프라스틱 for plastic. They have a very big selection. 1,000 won is about the same as a US dollar.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Best Wishes,
Robert

I don't want to sound critical, but I suspect the main reason that you didn't receive any answers to your post was because the question was too vague - at least it was for me the first time that I read it. You didn't give any indication of the physical size of your project, whether it required shielding or ventilation, whether you were looking for metal or plastic, etc. It's hard to recommend a source if no one really knows what you are looking for.

Anyway, finding a suitable enclosure is usually the most difficult part of any project. What you find is either too big, too small, the wrong form factor, wrong materials, and you end up having to settle for whatever comes the closest to meeting your needs.

The alternative, of course, is to build you own custom enclosure and there are a couple of methods that work well. If plastic is a suitable medium for your project then you can look here to give you some ideas on how to go about this:

**broken link removed**

If plastic will not work, then you could consider using double-sided pc board using similar methods, but instead of glueing everything together, much of the enclosure can be soldered together.

I hope that gives you some ideas should you not find find something commercially that meets your needs.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back