Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how convert from input mic /input line

Status
Not open for further replies.

civilum

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert mic in to line in

i need for record in voice recorder pocket
recording from sound card/ voice recorder pocket

convert mic input to line input

Dear civilum,

I understand that English is not everyone's strong language. However, to get some help, the question must be possible for us others to understand.

I try to guess what you may mean and put some info here:

1) Microphone input is nearly always designed for much lower levels than line input or line output. The levels vary depending on the microphone type, and the following values are just some practical examples.

2) Microphone input on a sound card may be 600 ohm, 10 - 200 mVpp

3) Line input on a sound card may be 47 kohm, 0-2Vpp

These values are from Creative SoundBlaster SBI16, but I think they are about same for most cards.

If you feed microphone input with line output you need about 1 /20 (or maybe some more) attenuation. Usually two resistors will do. I would try 6k8 from LineOut-> Mic input and 680 ohm Mic-in -> Gnd. If the level is too much, replace the 6k8 resistor with a larger value one.

But, I am still just guessing what you want to do.... :?

Good luck,

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back