Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

common emitter amplifier circuit using feedback biasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

denian

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i don't have the basic of analog, but i tried to look for it in the books. unfortunately, the books are using voltage divider biasing instead of feedback biasing.

i have a circuit like this:

BJTampfeedbackbiase.jpg

would anyone tell me the flow of the current in the circuit, and made gain possible?

In DC analysis, both (C1,C2) will be open circuited, thus the current passes through (Rc) will be divided into (Rb) and the transistor.

In AC analysis, the capacitors will be shout circuited, thus you can place the AC-model and decompose (Rb) by miller theorem.

The Voltage gain(Av) = -{Gm(Ro||RL||Rc||Rmi)}/{(Rmi||Rpi)/(Rmi||Rpi)+Rs}

Where: Rmi => miller input resistance.
Rmo => miller output resistance.
Ro => transistor output resistance.
Rpi => transistor resistance between base and emitter.

Hope this helps

tq, but your formula is hard for me to understand. i have no idea on what miller theorem is.

anyway, i've tried to do it in a conventional way.

Solution.JPG

but i realise it is wrong.
can anyone help clarify the method to count the gain?

Hi

You have one error. When calculating Vce. The corrrect expression is Vce=Vcc-Ic*Rc.

Regards

:cry:

actually im very confused.
this is actually a part of my pspice project.

in pspice, this is the graph i obtained.

gaingraph.jpg

how do you calculate it in using a conventional method to get gain value of 165?
can someone show me the calculations.
V1 will produce 1V a.c. voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back