Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SWITCH MODE ARC INVERTER WELDER SCHEMATIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have transformer application?
**broken link removed**
Here is several free programms. In russian language, but understanding is not difficult.
However when use ferrite with unknown characteristic the experiment will be necessary.

Last edited:

**broken link removed**
Here is several free programms. In russian language, but understanding is not difficult.
However when use ferrite with unknown characteristic the experiment will be necessary.

very nice programs.... :shock:
but hard to understand the language :lol:

Deep one, I've been following this thread.
I see further back you used a ferrite from a scrap tv deflection system, I've been inside a few tv's and found that there was not such a ferrite, the deflection coils just wound on a plastic former and fastened to the back of the screen, did you get the ferrites off a very old TV?

hi pepper,
i use flyback tv ferrite.
But my welder inverter not yet completed today.
So i don't know, its sufficient or no to deliver necessary power.

last question deepone..

Why the inverter connected series with bulb for 1st powering on?
I do series with 100watts bulb, but there is nothing happen. Just the bulb light on, and inverter not running. (no voltage out from electrode, no heat at all heatsink).

After removing bulb, my inverter doesn't work and my electric line was tripped (maybe short circuit). Then i disconnect primary main transformer.
Do you recognize my problem caused by non proper mosfet type(irfp460)? Instead igbt irg4pc50u.

Last edited:

Dr pepper
did you get the ferrites off a very old TV?
May be not very but old TV. For instance in my CRT "Samsung" television maded in 1999, deflection coils with ferrite core.

Wawanep
Why the inverter connected series with bulb for 1st powering on?
This it is done to conduct necessary measurements without risk to lose transistors. It is necessary to connect it after accumulation capacitor in high-voltage chain.
Do you recognize my problem caused by non proper mosfet type(irfp460)
I think the deal not in this. To avoid spare expenses on change the burned details it is necessary to starting device in stages.
In the beginning, it is necessary to make sure in correctness of the work auxiliary power supply unit and generator on IR2153.
Just the bulb light on
It is simply to take tester and find that caused short circuit.
First experiments better to conduct on cheap transistors IRF740.

Last edited:

Hi deepone, my very last last question..
I still confused about mosfet pinout. In your scheme, which is the S and D pin? Maybe this possible make my circuit short. Wrong pin.

hi again :wink:

i was followed your advice to change expensive IGBT/Mosfet with cheap IRF740 (USD 2 in my country).
but my topology not same as your scheme (half bridge), i use forward topology with two switch.

first test (using series bulb), my welder looks fine... the bulb not bright. and at output transformer show several volts (open circuit) and amperes (shortcircuit)..
second test without bulb, my wellder looks fine with open circiut.
but after i increased potentiometer to half position, my IRF740 was explode with shcoking sound "TARRRRRR....!"

is this caused by to high operating voltage? irf740 400V, then my power line 220VAC (about 300VDC)
or its must convert to half bridge? to cut V-DS mosfet to half

advice please....

*i was exploding irf740
* i was burn irfp460 costly mosfet, caused by wrong D-S pin...

my IRF740 was explode with shcoking sound "TARRRRRR....!"
This sound can appear if transformer kernel is sated after increase the filling. In such scheme transformers are done with air gap in ferrite core or degaussing winding.

This sound can appear if transformer kernel is sated after increase the filling. In such scheme transformers are done with air gap in ferrite core or degaussing winding.

its means, i must give air gap for my main ferrite core?

how do you make airgap at your degausing ferrite? it seems like toroid (without gap)

and which is more powerfull, your DIY welder (scheme using IGBT), or your GYSMi yellow welder?

Last edited:

how do you make airgap at your degausing ferrite? it seems like toroid (without gap)
If it is used (half)bridge scheme, air gap is not required. That allows to use smaller size core and simplifies fabrication of the transformer.
and which is more powerfull, your DIY welder (scheme using IGBT), or your GYSMi yellow welder?
GYSMI little more powerful, but much worse from standpoint of reliability and comfort of the use. It is not a problem to do powerful device. But for me is important ability to support arc under small current for work with fine iron.

Apropos not bad driver for work with GDT

Tested as wire welder a last version of my converter intended for feeding cordless tools - not bad, IRF740 transistors is cool.

Last edited:
oh shit....
i was blown my last IGBT (irg4ph50u)... its same condition with my irf740.
when i adjust potentiometer for increase current it blown with shocking sound again....

i will change my scheme to "ir2153" controller.
is this scheme can weld 10mm iron sheet? with double/tripple irf740 in paralel. without any mosfet driver.
because hard to find "BCP53" tansistor...
27_1299601817.jpg

is this scheme can weld 10mm iron sheet? with double/tripple irf740 in paralel. without any mosfet driver. because hard to find "BCP53" tansistor..
Instead of BCP possible use any 20-80V, 0.3-2A transistors. Price of these BCP is 0,2USD and this is main reason for their use.
For welding 10mm iron sheet it is necessary 180 - 200A current, so in parallel (or in bridge) it will take to connect already irg4pc50u or 12 - 15 pieces of IRF740.
Ir2153 chip hardly can hold in locked condition one irf740, without driver.

TV flyback cores can take a lot of wack, I've seen circuits that can melt 6mm bolts with such things.

A common cause of mosfet overheating and blowing with this kind of circuit is the drive, ie not switching the tranny on fast enough, you can get driver ic's to drive the gate charge harder and get the fet to turn on quick and therefore spend less time in the linear region and cook, personally I've had trouble with driver ic's, the pcb layout is critical, a complementary pair of trannys does the job fairly well.

finally, i bought china made 120A inverter welder, USD 140.
the topology is fullbridge with two paralell transistor (toshiba TIK2XXX series, forgot) total 8 transistor driver.
minimum power requirements 900VA, but its very hard... many time my home circuit breaker tripped, and my electrode not perfectly melted.

but i still will continue to complete my DIY inverter welder project..
because i was found ir2153 vendor in my country (USD 4.5 + USD 4 for shipping to my home)

i was found ir2153 vendor in my country (USD 4.5 + USD 4 for shipping to my home)
This price too great. Can be take a look at more cheap analogues, such as L6569.
Near me price of 1pcs ir2153 around 1 - 2USD +0,7$ for journey on tram ).

many time my home circuit breaker tripped
interesting what nominal value of this fuze.

Last edited:

This price too great. Can be take a look at more cheap analogues, such as L6569.
Near me price of 1pcs ir2153 around 1 - 2USD +0,7$ for journey on tram ).
interesting what nominal value of this fuze.

every electronic components in my country is more than twice compared to another country. except very very general IC/resistor/capacitor, such as 555 (USD 0.35).

my home fuse (circuit breaker) was 4 Amperes, with 220V line voltage specification. but actually the voltage drop to 170v to 185v.

use (circuit breaker) was 4 Amperes
Possible extract from power network little more by the way of increaseing value of accumulation capacitor.
every electronic components in my country is more than twice compared to another country
in my country not always & not everywhere there is cheap components presented too.

l1 and l2 how winding its?Please..............:roll::roll::roll:

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

Please l1 l2 how many turns, Koker use what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back