Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to view old orcad sch files in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad draft

I have a few old designs for fpga that are in orcad .sch format.

I used to use draft.exe to view these files long ago. None of this software is windows friendly. Any suggestions on how I may view these files, or maybe even print them out in wondows?

any advice for me?

open a file in orcad sch

If is OrCAD 386 you should be able to directly open the sch in Capture.
If is a 16 bit version of OrCAD you need to convert the sch to 32 bit first. There is an utility in OrCAD 386 called 16to32 which can be used for this conversion

orcad vesa treiber

I installed Microsoft Virtual PC and a 1280x1024 VESA graphics OrCAD driver. Draft now opens in a nice 1280x1024 window on my Windows desktop. It's a little sluggish compared to DOS, but still useable.

I made a batch file that converts a schematic to GIF for easy printing or email. It first prints the schematic to a LaserJet PCL file, then converts the PCL to a PCX image using a LJ2PCX utility that I wrote many years ago, and then uses nconvert (freeware) to convert the PCX to GIF.

orcad sch windows

You can use orcad 7.1 version to open the old file.

sch files

I made a batch file that converts a schematic to GIF for easy printing or email.
echo47 this seems to be the easiest way for me

can you show me how? remember all i want to do is convert to gif.

You can use orcad 7.1 version to open the old file
where do i download this program? I checked and all they have is the newest one which is very expensive!

thankyou to everyone for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back