Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extreemly low cost micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzomor

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am lokking for very low cost micro controllet
I just need about
4k of ROM (8k is better)
4 IO (7 IO's better)
timer interrupt if possible
timing reselution not less than 100 u sec

if there's a compiler availaable it'll be a plus
if you now any let me know

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

Take a look at 8-pin microcontrollers from Microchip and Philips:
- PIC12F50X
**broken link removed**
- P89LPC90X
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

it depends on what you mean by "low cost". I could help you alot more if I knew your budget.

You can get several PICs like the 12F50X for under a buck but none of them have 4K of flash rom. The closest is the 16F688 which is a 14 pin chip with 4K words of flash - about $2 for 1. To get to 8K, you have to go to a larger package and larger cost. Also, the PIC is pretty clumsy when dealing with data in program memory - I assume that's what you want the memory for.

I think the 8 pin Z8 encores have a lot of program memory but, iirc, run about $3. Nice chip, mediocre dev envt. IMHO...

The AVRs are a reasonable choice. The Atiny85 has 8K of flash in an 8 pin package but is around $2.75 q1. but... I'm not sure it's available yet. the 4K version the Atiny45 is at around $2.00

Hi

Thanks for your replies but dose 12F50X have a C compiler for it?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

"CC5X free edition. Try the free compiler edition on your projects and find out why so many programmers have become enthusiastic about CC5X."
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

You can try the Philips microcontrollers: LPC9xx based C51 or LPC21xx based ARM7, LPC90x is just US$0.7 per pc! LPC21xx just US$2 per pc, this is the lowest cost with highest performance.

please click:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.