Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx 7.1 and Altium LiveDesign Evaluation Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykos1986

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx xc3s400 live-design

In few days I will have the Live Design Evaluation Board from Altium. Can I use the evaluation board with Xilinx ISE Pack 7.1, and how, any manual - tutorial.

Where can I find any info about that board except from Altium.

livedesign evaluation board

do you know if there comes any software with the board?
i use altium designer 2004. this version of the designer runs very well with xilinx ise 7.1 webpack. first i tried version 8.1 which didn't work. (see --> )

live design evaluation board

The board comes with Altium DXP 2004 but its only for 30 days.
I just want to know if the board runs only with Xilinx software because I cant buy the DXP 2004. To much money for me

:cry:

altium dxp 2004 xilinx

i also have the altium livedesign evaluation kit. when i bought it, it came with the altium DXP SP2 and it had an XC3S400 FPGA. but now the evaluation kit comes with altium designer 6.0 and an XC3S1000.

in altium DXP you have the option to use the DXP synthesizer or the XST synthesizer (the one that is in Xilinx ISE). and you can also program the FPGA using Xilinx ISE.

if you are doing all your work in Xilinx ISE then after synthesis and PAR etc you will have to generate the .bit file and then click on IMPACT. it will easily recognize the evaluation board using the boundary scan. dont worry, your board wont be useless after the trial period of altium designer expires, you will still be able to do everything on it.

i hope that helps

xilinx ise altium

Thanks samcheetah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back