Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to view the art wotk file in gerb tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

neena

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pentalogix art file

Hi,

How to view the art wotk file in gerb tool
.art file is done in allegro.
can any one help me

regards....

I don't know allegro but try exporting or saving as a collection gerber files - one per layer.

neena

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I've never been able to get gerbmagic to work correctly on eagle gerbers. It always gets at least one apperture wrong (like 10X too big). Pentalogic viewmate reads them correctly.

I see that .art is allergo's extension for gerbers. try using viewmate to read them. https://www.pentalogix.com/

neena

hi

how to import .art file in layout plus

regards

neena

Added after 2 minutes:

neena
i would suggest thiers lots of freeware that can view gerber files, my officemate give me a software name gcprevue for viewing gerber file and converting it to pdf file

ok

neena

Using Gerber eith in Orcad9.0

neena

Hi Neena

Well to view gerber data in layout plus you have in lsession ---Tools--Gerb tool option.Cilck open and in File menu in Gerb tool( provided by Wise ) Go to File ---Open ---And location of your artwork profile...Simply opens ..and if you have NC Drill files the you can also view them in Gerb tool....

I hope this helps
Thanks and regards
Ankush

hi neena,

In every viewer there is a option for import files.Check that on,there r both methoda,autoamtic selection and manual selection.
With that uj can see the artwork

hi neena,
you have import the .art file you can either do it automatically or manually,
your problem might be resolved importing it manually by selecting the import artwork option from the import menu.
if there is still a problem try to set the same settings for both the tools i.e. the tool from which you are generating thge gerber and the tool in which you are viewwing the gebrer.
hope this will solve your problem.

ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back