Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which program converts vhdl code to logic block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl code to block

i've vhdl code for 16 bit cpu... i need to convert vhdl code to individual logic block...(and,or,,control unit,tristate). Which program does just that...plz recommend the software...

Re: vhdl code to block

If you want to implement your code in an FPGA, you need a design compiler/synthesizer and an implementation package (place and route, programming file generator). This depends on the FPGA vendor you chose. If you are using Xilinx FPGA Xilinx offers a free (WebPack) version of its ISE design environment on its homepage. This design environment can show the synthesized VHDL as an RTL schematic.
https://www.xilinx.com/.

Although I do not understand your question completely - the compiler won't synthesize a "control unit" block for a cpu - a control unit might be described as individual circuitry, or shown as a block if it's a separate component - the VHDL compiler outputs a netlist of design primitives - logic functions, storage elements , multiplexers, ALUs, multipliers and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back