Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

testbench for verilog netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

siva_7517

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

Can i use the same testbench for functional simulation in nclaunch and timing verification in gate level simulation (which is already optimized with technology library)
From what i have noticed the model for verilog netlist is different compare to the initial verilog coding(before optimized) because there is standard cell name included in the coding. So must i define the standard cell name in the testbench for gate level simulation?

Siva

you can include your verilog model provided by the library provider in you testbench,

Hi,

Can i know the command to include the verilog model in the testbench?

siva

if your testbench does not include hierarchy path and internal signal, you can use it directly in your gate lvl simulation. in gate simulation, you need to include your gate library in your gate netlist

hi,

Is the include command for including the gate library to gate netlist :

'include tools/......./silterra18.v

You can use compile option to include library file.
For example, -v tools/......./silterra18.v in vcs or verilog-xl.

Nandy
www.nandigits.com
Netlist Debug/ECO in GUI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back