Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bus for connecting ARM + DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarwinAlonzo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am thinking that for some specified application which ARM-base processor and DSP works together.

What's the type of bus between two processors, which could enhance the total computation power?

Are they 'memory shared' (it seems too complicated for s/w design) / SPI/ GPIO (speed too low)?

:idea: I know TI, philips, atmel....they have DSP/Codec + ARM inside single chip. But any sugguestion for discrete them.

Hi

You can use the philips LPC22xx ARM with external bus to connect the dsp as an external memory device

All the best

Bobi

Hi,

Maybe you don't need additional DSP with ARM core. New ARM cores have support for DSP operations. So choose some ARM9 or higher architecture.

yes,arm9 include dsp core,you could select one

hi all

can anyone suggest me as to how to implement Voice Over IP or MP3 codec for ARM7.what all specific areas i need to know to accomplish this task?can anyone send me some mirror links ,where i could get source code?pls help me.

regards
john

Hi

I think the newst release of AMBA Bus has a fast AHB link to IO's which could be used to connect to DSP

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

I think the DSP from analog device ,like BF533

Hi
I think you can use the Ti's newst chips which intergated DSP+ARM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back