Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to convert bitmap images into binary format using Visual C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtv

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.. i need help to convert bitmap images into binary format.. im using visual c++.. can i get some sourcecodes? i really need it for my project.. thank u...

any sourcecodes to process image such as segmentation will be very helpful to me.. thank u!!

Re: binary images

Bitmap images are already in binary format. What are you looking for exactly? Are you trying to convert bitmap to other formats like GIF, JPG, etc?

mtv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

actualy im doin my project on character recognition using neural network.. but i don know what kind of weight i need to use to train the images.. so i thought of converting it to binary value then use it as the weight to represent each character.. can help me?

binary images

Still not clear. Bitmap images already contain binary data, as drwho78 said.

Maybe you are trying to write a program that decodes the image file format. That depends on the image type. If that's true, then try this web page:
**broken link removed**

mtv

yeah, i am doin a program on character recognition.. i've got bitmap images of the characters .. i need to convert them to binary in order recognize..

or is there any other way to make this easier? really appreciate ur help... thank u!

mtv said:
yeah, i am doin a program on character recognition.. i've got bitmap images of the characters .. i need to convert them to binary in order recognize..

or is there any other way to make this easier? really appreciate ur help... thank u!

i think you need to convert from RGB to YUV. what you need may be just the Y component which is equivalent to grayscale.. U,V are color components.

from the Y component, you can convert to binary by having threshold (e.g. above 127 -> 1, below 127 ->0). you can search for some other methods which may use more than 1 threshold.

for RGB <->YUV conversion formula:
**broken link removed**

mtv

Status
Not open for further replies.