Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the value of AGC time constant of FM Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMEsystem

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to design an AGC for FM Radio to avoid the overloading to LNA
by interference. But, I don't know how to select the settling time constant of it.

Would you guys give me some advice to me? Thank you.

I don’t know if is a spec for this but used values for FM-AGC time constant could be up to 2 seconds, depending by the type of AGC (narrow-band, wide-band, etc).
Compared with AM-AGC where rising and falling time for settling is symmetrical, for FM-AGC usually is asymmetrical (microseconds for rising and milliseconds for falling).

Thanks for your reply,

1)If the AGC is used to protect LNA, can we call it wide-band AGC?

2)Wide-band AGC or Narrow-band AGC, which one has longer time for settling?

3)Why we need asymmetrical rising and falling time of FM AGC?

Thanks,

vfone said:
I don’t know if is a spec for this but used values for FM-AGC time constant could be up to 2 seconds, depending by the type of AGC (narrow-band, wide-band, etc).
Compared with AM-AGC where rising and falling time for settling is symmetrical, for FM-AGC usually is asymmetrical (microseconds for rising and milliseconds for falling).

How to implement asymmetrical falling and rising time in AGC system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back