Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect LCD to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qatari Eng.

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
connecting lcd to microcontroller

Hi every body,

I'm a computer engineering student, and I have a project..
one part of this project needs to conect LCD or touch screen to a microcontrooler.
I need help in this part, I can't imagin how would I program the LCD, and what should the scource code of the microcontroller be.
Please Help me..
and thanx alot..

lcd to microcontroller

Thanx alot Eshragh,
I will read it and I hope I will get benefit from it,thanx again...

connect lcd to 8051

is it 44780 type? i hope it's standard lcd.
You can access that type of LCD with 4 bit or 8 bit mode for the data. i think you should try the 8 bit first because it's easier. both of them on above site.
Good luck

how to connect microcontroller

Thanx Rooftop for your reply,
The previous Link was really helpful, thanx to Eshragh...
The problem is that, I didn't select the LCD type yet, and I prefare to use touch screen but I'm afraid to face a big problems in it's programming!!:cry:

connecting a lcd to a microcontroller

Hi,
try this tutorial may help you. It's present connecting lcd to pic microcontroller.
Regards

connect an lcd to a microcontroller

Try this link:
**broken link removed**

lcd connected to microcontrollers

hi , how u doing
i am final year student in electronic engneering.and i wanna help in some part ....
i wanna know how to connect microcontroller with graphical LCD ....
i was read this topic and i interrested to it ....
could u help me
thanx

connecting lcd screen to pic microcontroller

Hi Buddy,
The main thing to find out is the type of LCD..

Now a days LCD comes with lots of interface..ex: LVDS, RGB, TTL, DVI interfcae..

now suppose if you are using LVDS interface LCD then you will need a chip like DS90C385A...
a transreciver for converting the TTL signal into LVDS..
if you are using VGA interfcae then you need analog transmisster and amplifer (depends upon the gain, load, SI)
Analog Tx -ADV7125..

LET ME KNOW THE TYPE OF LCD AND uC INTERFACE YOU ARE USING..
THEN I CAN HELP YOU MORE..

CHEERS,
TOM

microcontroller lcd

Hi
for pic micocontroller, check www.mikoe.com from this website you will be abel to read free books about pic microcontroller interface with LCD, and more...
you can also free download mirobasic software and use its help you will find with details how to connect LCD with PIC
that is my mail contact me for more help
wahed.waal@yahoo.com

regards

wahed

how to interface lcd with 8535 microcontroller

Hi all
I have expwerience with standard alphanumeric displays connected to PIC micro-controllers. I am trying to get to grips with graphical LCDs now and have one made by EDT with the number 20-20420-2 sourced from Allen Bradley panelview 550. Does anyone know the pinout and any extra info for this? It has LC79401 and LC79430 ic on it. Thanks for your help!

hello. i am making a project on gsm based lcd display. the major difficulty which i am facing right now is to interface my microcontroller with lcd display. I want to use 89s52 microcontroller and an lcd display of size maybe 40*2 or 80*2. can u pls tell me how will i interface my controller wid it. if possible the code also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back