Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer and software for PIC16f628a

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipun

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im new to µc.i bought a PIC16f628a.i solderred a programmer for it.im not able to program it.can any one tell me a nice circuit and a programming software for it

Re: help with PIC16f628a

This page contain full answer for your questions schematic, soft , faq :
**broken link removed**
Stand alone PIC Programmer

another programmers :
**broken link removed**
Ponyprog :

I recomends you to build a ICD2 Clone. Search for it in the forum and you will have many posts about it.
You can found a version very, very simple to build and you can program and debug almost pics with mplab, including 16f628A.

edit: here is the link: **broken link removed**

HI
I SEND THE SHEMATIC OF JDM PROGRAMMER.
FOR SOFTWARE U CAN USE ICPROG.I HAVE IT I SEND IT .YOU ALSO CAN USE MICROCODE STUDIO TO WRITE PROGRAM IN BASIC AND THEN COMPILE IT TO HEX AND C. IT WAS BIGGER THAN 15 MB THEREFORE ICAN NOT SEND IT.U CAN SEARCH IT IN INTERNET.
IF IT IS USEFULL HELP ME.
GOOD LUCK.

thanks

I built a jdm type (multipic 5.2) and cannot get winpic to initalize it. I am very new to these things and may build another for just the 16f628a since thats my "beginner" chip. any one know of a simple one for that chip?
Thanks
J

The Inchworm+ will program the 16F628A and most other flash PICs.
**broken link removed**

Looks nice, but I am looking for something I can make myself. I'm learning to make PCBs and read schematics. The JDM type I built I just can’t get to work right. I can erase it but not write to it with icprog. I can’t get winpic to even initialize it. I went back over my schematics but everything looks right. I guess I just can’t work the programs.... I’ve tried everything I may have overheated something during the solder process (My pen is a 40 watt) I may have to order something like the inchworm but I'll try another time or two and prove to myself I just cant do it first.
Thanks
J

Greetings,

JDM is unpredictable and unreliable. Also, maybe your serial port just can't supply enough power for JDM. That happens a lot - especially with newer computers and laptops. I recommend that you build a parallel-port powered programmer. They are much more reliable and just as simple. Then, after you get the "feel" of it, build an ICD2 clone such as Potyo's, Pic's, or Inchworm.

Good Luck,
Computerman29

help with PIC16f628a

I finally got it to work, had to go to the old computer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.