Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit works fine with landline but not a cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipun

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need help

i soldered a circuit for dtmf to bcd convertor using CM8870.it works fine with landline telephone.i want to use it with a cellphone.it isnt working with cellphone.i cut the wire to speaker of handsfree of a mobile and connected to the input of ic.still its not working.i intend to use it as a remote control by calling the mobile with another mobile.plz help ,its urgent.

Re: need help

dear,
your cellphone should able to produnye DTMF signal caose otherwise it wont't work.
and signal from cellphone should connect to input of MT8870
regards

hi nipun,

Like e_eja said, I think u should enable the TONE mode for the keypad in the "PHONE settings" for ur mobile, and also set it to 'LONG' tone mode.

I think it should work, we regularly use it for reaching the help desk for automated service for our service providers, they use the same thing.. -:)
This should do it i guess..

Regards
Sam

today i tried again.but this time i called from another cell,then i received the call,then asked the caller to press any key .it worked perfectly fine.i dont wha twas the problem.at first i used to press the key of the same cell with keypad tone activated.well anyway it worked out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.