Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need simple code for PIC16F84 and LCD 2x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmq

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there,
I need your help. I need simple code for PIC16F84 & LCD 2 X 16. I have also 4MHz crystal connected to the same chip. I want to use all 8-bits to connect them to that PIC16f84. The problem that I can't add any extra parts accept some capcitors and resistors.
I'm looking forward to see your feedback.

I have MPLAB which accept asm and hex extention files.

Thanks
MMQ

Re: PIC16F84

Hi MMQ,

Part of your Q is not clear, what do u mean by 8-bit? ( do u mean 8-bit data of the lcd ?) and what do u mean by additional Parts?

Explain what u wanna and I can help u.

Regards,
A.Abbas

You can run the LCD in a 4 line or 8 line mode. You should find many application notes and code for driving the LCD on the microchip site

mmq

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

What I mean with 8-bits is related to PIC chip which can supports either 4 bits or 8 bits. You can connect any mode you like to the same LCD. For last replay, I'm limted with some chips that is mean I shouldn't have other than PIC16F84 and that LCD, no more ICs. other question also, does it require special wiring?

This site has simple wiring with 4 bit of data going from PIC16F84 to LCD.

http://www.ke4nyv.com/picprojects.htm

Salam Alekom

Thanks
MMQ

Status
Not open for further replies.