Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between cdma and wcdma

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja.bhavanam

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the difference between cdma and wcdma? and its architectures ?

difference between cdma and umts

raja.bhavanam said:
what is the difference between cdma and wcdma? and its architectures ?

I believe you meant "cdma 2000" and FDD-WCDMA (in UMTS).
Well the major difference is due patents used.
Europiens (WCDMA) use asyncronous transmission (BSs are not syncronized) and bigger bandwidth to cover resulting performance blow. There are some more differences (for example handling of multimedia traffic etc.), but this is the major difference.

difference between wcdma and cdma

can any one send a link talk about difference between CDMA standards (i.e CDMAone, CDMA2000 1x,......)

thanks
Amr

difference between cdma and cdma2000

can any one send some ebook about CDMA and telecommunication.

thanks!

Bien

difference between wcdma and umts

Main difference is that with more bandwidth, the receiver is capable to distinguish more multipath and will have more diversity.

difference of cdma and wcdma

CDMA (IS-95,IS-2000 and EVDO) are the technologies which are developed accordig to the 3GPP2 standards. WCDMA(Wideband CDMA) is an evolution to the GSM family(GSM,GPRS,EDGE,WCDMA,HSDPA).

CDMA's architecture is based on IS-41 core network standards whereas WCDMA still based on GSM-MAP based core network.

CDMA's architecture has network elements like MS, BTS, BSC, MSC, HLR, VLR, PCF, PDSN etc. And WCDMA has NodeB (i.e BTS), UE( i.e.MS), MSC, RNC, SGSN , GGSN, HLR,VLR, MGW etc depeding on the releases( i.e. R99,R4 or R5).

The similarity between these 2 technologies is the air interface. The air iterface is similar and not exactly same. The air interface uses Code Division Multiple Access technique for different users. BOth technologies work on similar principles on Air interface such as Soft Handoff/Handover, Power control, Universal frequency reuse etc. But their Core network work differently ( i.e. IS-41 for CDMA and GSM-MAP for WCDMA).

difference between cdma 2000 and wcdma

Usually IS-95 is referred to CDMA while UMTS FDD is referred to WCDMA specifically. In terms of technique, the truth is that once one tech is applied on one systems, it carries over to the other quickly.

Therefore, no big difference, but different manufacture needs different standard to win the market.

the difference b/w cdma2000 and wcdma

hi
all are the posts were a year ago

im in pakistan
im doing my project cdma-evdo so anyone can compare these technologies currently i.e 2009 on their latest advancement and research
thanx
sultan

difference between cdma2000 and wcdma

u can say cdma belongs to 2G where wcdma belongs to 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.