Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what can i do to enhance the bandwidth of an OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyinfall

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the current was limited in 200uA,and the load capacitor was 12p,the dc gain should be 80db,how can i get a bandwidth of 40M? (0.5u technics)
anyone help me?:cry:

Re: what can i do to enhance the bandwideth of an OP?

You do not provide enough information, such as the device you are using. Have you tried consulting the datasheet?

J

what can i do to enhance the bandwideth of an OP?

big W/L can help you.

Using special configuration.

You are talking gain-bandwidth product of 20MHz. For a single stage amplifier, with a load of 12pF, this means a gm of 1.5mS (2.pi.fT=gm/CL). Assuming a gm/Id of at least 10, this gives us an Id of the input transistors of 150uA per transistor, which makes a total current of at least 300uA. So you need a class AB output stage to get and fT of 20MHz with that load and current consumption. Anyway, I guess it would be very difficult to reach such a goal.

Maybe with a gm/Id of 15 and a two- (or three-) stage configuration it can be possible. Is it on CMOS or bipolar?

Thanks so much.
Hi,Humungus.It is on cmos.

The requirement of dc gain is 80db,so I think two stage is necessary.For low 1/f noise,pmos input pair is applied.I have tried (w/L)9 to 600/0.6,but it is of no use.
The terminal value GBW of this OPamp is aboat 24M.what can i do to elevate the GBW to 40M.
I have been suffering from this for two weeks ....

Thank you for any suggestion![/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back