Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Transmitter and Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

trabzone

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multichannel infrared transmitter

I need a good infrared transmitter and receiver
How can i make a good transmitter and receiver?
All my trials are crashed.
Please help
Thanx

receiver tk19 749

Here are some things to keep in mind.

1. Both emitter and detector shoul be rated at the same wave length and the detector should have a IR filter to keep response from ordinary light down.

2. Drive the emitter with the full rated current.

3. The amplifier following the detector should be of the transconductance type. Use an op amp with the + input to ground, a resistor from the output to the - input and the detector diode from the - input to a supply voltage. This should be oriented so that the diode is reverse biased.

4. There may be pick up of the light from artificial sources operating from the utility mains. Check for this in your receiver. Two ways to get around this is to use physical barriers to keep the lignts from shining directly on the detector. The other is to use a high pass filter (series capacitor) after the first amplifier stage and use a signaling scheme which does not have any low frequency components. One of these is to use FSK. Exar compnay makes many good ICs in this area.

thanx so much
i will try flatulent

Also, do not forget to make electromagnetic shield on detector. It is very sensitive and afraids impulse interference.

Hi,

If you like to build a multi channel ir receiver/transmitter try to use compliant ir devices.Try to look at www.novalog.com They have minisir transreceiver ic's.You can connect it to a mcu easily.If you need further info.Just ask.

Analyzer.

search for vishay

Hi,
You also can use normal ir transmitter leds and TK-19 from grundig.This ic is very common and you can find it easily.

Analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back