Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS structure building problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

can anybody suggest me a direct method to build triangular structures in HFSS v9.0.
if there does not exist a direct method, plz suggest me some way to make it ,anyway!!

with regards

abhi

Draw the traingule using draw>line. Make sure in
Tools>Options>3D Modeler options: under "polyline" is checked: {Automatically cover closed lines}. Also make sure the polyline is closed otherwise you will not see the surface. The best advice is parametrized the triangule so you will be sure is closed.

hi jallem,

i got ur point and it is a very lucid procedure, but i want to know another thing - if i need to have a triangular box other than triangular surface wat will be the procedure to make it.

abhi

hi abhi,
Its good now you can draw the triangular surface. Now, in order to draw the triangular box,. you need to sweep the triangular surface in the Z-Direction by whatever the amount of the box hight.

Your best bit to do that is to show up the net background, that would help you to correctly do it. Also, you should be carful about the direction of the positive or the negative Z-directions.
Regards,
Goher
m_goher@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back