Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want a 555 timer circuit with Passive IR trigger circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaji_moorthy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir triggered timer

Dear Friends

I am looking out for a timer based on IC555 which can be triggered by a PIR . and the timer is used to swithch on a floresent tube or CFL tube for a duaration of 5 minutes to 20 minutes.

The tube shud be able to activated and swithced off automaticaly after the preset time.

PLS HELP
regards

555 timer trigger

Check these pictures,

For 20minutes you need
R1= 1MOhm
C1= 1000uF

I'm using this circuit as a phone limiter.
i.e: the phone line is cut after a certain time.

The output circuit is just a transistor is 2N3904, relay 5V and a biasing resistor 330Ohm.

Note:
put your IR sensor instead of the square wave generator.

Hope this helps, please tell me if the picture isn't clear.

555 trigger circuits

Dear friend

Thanks very much for the circuit. the schematics is very faint wud be happy if u cud send me aclear copy.

i would also like to tell u that i want to use it to switch a floresent tube which works on 230 volts AC.

Will the convectional relay create spikes or transients while making and breaking

can i use a solid state relay, if so how

Also that if there is a trigger again it shud not effect the fuctioning or rather reset the circuit to off position when once triggered.

regards

balaji

ps. note i am going to try out the circuit once i receive yr msg

tks

Added after 7 minutes:

seadolphine2000 said:
Check these pictures,
Dear friend

Thanks very much for the circuit. the schematics is very faint wud be happy if u cud send me aclear copy.

i would also like to tell u that i want to use it to switch a floresent tube which works on 230 volts AC.

Will the convectional relay create spikes or transients while making and breaking

can i use a solid state relay, if so how

Also that if there is a trigger again it shud not effect the fuctioning or rather reset the circuit to off position when once triggered.

regards

balaji

ps. note i am going to try out the circuit once i receive yr msg

tks

For 20minutes you need
R1= 1MOhm
C1= 1000uF

I'm using this circuit as a phone limiter.
i.e: the phone line is cut after a certain time.

The output circuit is just a transistor is 2N3904, relay 5V and a biasing resistor 330Ohm.

Note:
put your IR sensor instead of the square wave generator.

Hope this helps, please tell me if the picture isn't clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.