Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motherboard repair course or training manuals needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawwa7

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
motherboard repair course

hi all colleagues
i need any course or training manuals in repairing computer motherboard , any documents or hints or any help are highly appreciated and thanks alot in advance
best regards

motherboard repairing tips

Hi!

I don't think that there are training manuals as motherboards are treated as "throw away" products.

The most common failure are blown electrolytic capacitors, they are easy to find and easy to replace (only with really low ESR capacitors!!!)

The next one are blown BIOS flash eproms where a user has tried to make an update, and something failed during flashing the eprom. In that case remove the eprom and reprogram it in an eprom programmer.

Some motherboards fail due to bad solder point under a BGA chip, in that case the motherboard should be discarded.

CU

motherboard repairing course

hi pit
thanks for ur response , i do know all of that and can use the POST card depending on bios error codes , but need any helpful training manuals that can help following a troubleshooting techniques to find faulty circuits or components .. need something more practical , more professional .
regards

laptop motherboard repair course

Hello,

I don't think that there are "general purpose" training manuals available at all because the mainboards are very specific. If you have a certain problem with a certain mainboard you may ask here. Mainboards are low-cost products today so no one repairs them because it is too expensive. If the mainboard fails, and it is neither a blown capacitor nor a broken down BIOS flash eprom you may put it into the trashcan and use the next one.

A long time ago (when mainboards where rather expensive in the late 80ties) I saw technical manuals from Siemens for servicing their mainboards (mainly slot CPU boards). But that's a long time ago now, and all the manuals where specific for one single mainboard.

CU

motherboard repair tips

I agree with PIT, mptherboard servicing is just a waste of time.
However, if you really want to repair a MOBO you must look for for a bad capacitor & replaced it with a new one. In my experience replacing a bad cap it only lasted for about 3 months & 2 hours.
Well anyway, in a certain company we do this but after the results the company decided to buy a new MOBO whenever it is not working fine.

Thanks
:D

motherboard repair training

Hi,
i have Acer Aspire 5715Z with ded MB. Can someone tell me what are the capacitor values and what else can be broken?

thanks[/img]

Re: motherboard repairing course

sawwa7 said:
hi pit
thanks for ur response , i do know all of that and can use the POST card depending on bios error codes , but need any helpful training manuals that can help following a troubleshooting techniques to find faulty circuits or components .. need something more practical , more professional .
regards

FOR LAPTOP AND MOTHERBOARD REPAIRING YOU MUST HAVE BASIC CONCEPT OF ALL CHIPS AND WORKING DETAIL SOME PRACTICE TO FIND FOULT YOU MAY HAVE TO TAKE TRAINING CHIP LEVEL FOR LAPTOP AND COMPUTER MOTHERBOARD SEE ATTECHED FILES

Hello friends

First of all learning the motherboard service is not a waste of time. The basic theory behind a desktop and laptop motherbaords are the same. I admit that desktop motherboard service is not a real value for money as you max. 350 Rs for a chip level service. But on the same effort if you service you get min 3,500Rs for it. Hope it does make sense.

When you are considering the a full hands on training session on laptop chip level ,
learn from the organization who started it all. Corona Institute of technology in Kerala. Students from all over india and abroad are studying at Our organization and most of the organizations on this field drawn man power from our early students.

Check out us at www.LaptopTraining.in

You can dial me for any clarification at 0-98471-55469

SHYAMLAL.T.PUSHPAN

Status
Not open for further replies.