Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to repel cats that are climbing on my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakitos

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
repel cats from cars

I want to repel cats that are climbing on my car
do you have an idea?
I thought of touch alarm or proximity detector

but the first may be effected by humans and the second even by the cars parking near do you have any suggestions ?
thanks

Re: repel cats

Use an ulstrasound transmitter activated by the proximity sensor.
Cats do not like the ultrsounds and humans cannot hear them.

repel cats

get a transformer and charge your car to 800KV. problem solved.

haha nice. U can interface the sunroof to a uC to trap cats.

Cats like to sit on warm objects. Try spraying cold water on your car. Perhaps a grumpy dog near by would help. Take advantage of the cat being territorial and marking out their territory by urinating in it. Invite the neighbors to walk their dog near your car. The cats will smell the odor and stay away. Your family may have the same reaction.

This circuit emites a lot of ultrasonic frequencies. I think it's good for cats too.
Just play with various frequencies, and cats will go away.

repel cats

thanks to all. I want to make them go not fry them.
About the dog, it is a hopeless idea. these cats jumped on my dog once. About the ultrasonic is that true? what frequency? cause the circuit by Spirit is a bit large.
Waiting other good suggestions and thanks again

Human hearing range is about 20Hz to 20Khz and the cats heare sounds form the range of 45Hz to 64Khz so a circut that emits sounds above 30KHz would be good but the risks are that thesse ultrasounds even if they can not be heard they have a certain effect on humans to. So if you are willing to take the risks try this and be sure that at 60Khz no cat or dog will aproch your car.

repel cats

yes I know about the hearing range. My concern is will the ultrasound be annoying or make them feel they have a radio in their garden?
Have someone tried it?
thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back