Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

class-AB audio power amplifer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls000rhb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have anyone designed a class-AB audio power amplifer ?What is the difficult point?
what i should pay much attention to designing a class-AB audio power amplifier???
can give me some suggestions??

the main problem is keep low THD for high power output to a load(such as 8/32Ohm speaker).
and the pssr, static current, noise, should pay attention to.

Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook (third edition) by Douglas Self is the best book on the subject that I have found.

but how can i get this e_book edition of Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook ??

Added after 7 minutes:

to flatulent:

can you give me a copy of e_edition of the book
you advised??

Added after 35 minutes:

sunking ,can you give me some reference books or papers related to audio power design??

i have just developed a class-AB audio PA chip, everything is OK, but oscillator. all these days, i 'm testing. why the oscillator can take place.

ls000rhb,
In my opinion the three most difficult aspects are:
~
Biasing. Higher quiescent current means lower distortion, but it also means lower thermal stability (in the case of junction transistor designs), and higher quiescent dissipation.
~
Heat SInking. You must ensure that under worst case conditions, the junction temperatures do not exceed the maximum rating. For a pure class B amplifier, worst case is where the peak output voltage (Sine) is equal to 2/Pi times the supply vootage.
~
Protection. You must ensure that overloads do not destroy the output stage.
~
Stability. You must ensure that the amplifier is stable with non-resistive loads. All speakers present non-resistive loads. Electrostatics are often the worst as far as stability is concerned because of the capacitive load they present.
~
Regards,
Kral

refer to ieee paper related.But it is necessary to refer to the phd thesis related.

I think the circuit design is very important ,but the layout is also very very important!!Because class AB as a audio driver ,especial large power out,load res is 4 hom or 8 hom ,the parasitic resistor very easy up to 0.5 hom even 1hom ,which will seriously
degrade the performance.

And also the stable gain is very important for low THD,if high gain ,but is vary very much as the signal amplitude ,the performance may be bad than a low gain but stable gain as the signal amplitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back