Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of AVR and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
New Topic:

Let's compare AVR and PIC, regarding the issues like stability, clock speed, Inst. set, and so on. Suppose that you are in the start of a project and want to choose one of the, which one is prefred to another and (please) why? Let's have a technical disscussion.

avr in noisy environment

Look, mate ..
all of these gizmos can almost do the same job ..
just choose one you are comfortable with and you will be fine ..
Regards,
IanP

Re: Compare AVR with PIC

the avr's have a huge instruction set, and i think the io-mem orginisation is much better,.. no page swapping all the time.

What about stability, in noisy environment?

Hi,

I go with IanP on this... I used PIC and AVR with the same results... Better use the one you like the most.

I also use features vs pricing to choose a uC... Meaning that sometimes the AVR will have the exact features you need for a lower price tag than the PIC and sometimes a PIC is more suitable.

I used both types in very noisy application without problem.

Hope this helps,

cyberblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back