Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for 8051 microcontroller based power supply!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cct007

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am currently doing 15 steps microcontroller based digital power supply as my final year project. It is a linear mode power supply.

I will use one 8051 microcontroller to control the voltage from 0-15V.

There will be a 7 segment display to show my current voltage value that connected to the microcontroller.

There will be a decoder connected to the microcontroller also.There will be 16 connection to the decoder for 0v till 15v.

My fren told me that i can use the interrupt port to control the voltage where i wll connect 2 push button to the 2 INT pin. For example,when push button connected to INT 1 been pushed INT 1 is giving signal and it will increase 1v.

Since I very weak in microcontroller i have no idea in writing code to control the output voltage with the aid with decoder, and code for 7 segment display to show the output voltage.

Hope U all can give me help!!! Thanks a lot.

First of all, you need a way to sense the output voltage, so you need an A/D.
You then use those readings to decide if you need to increase the voltage, decrease it or keep it constant.
The same A/D reading will be used to display the voltage on the 7-segment displays.
As for the buttons, yes, you can use the interrupts if you want. You could also scan the buttons (test them periodically).

The actual adjustment can be made with resistors from the output of the decoder. Each output actually places its resistor in parallel with the lower resistor of the voltage-setting divider. Was the use of the decoder a requirement?

Use a 8-bit DAC, then op-amps and further power transistors

Regards.

Hi

Search elektor site once along time ago thay published a 8751 best digital power supply design - maybe it will help you with your project

w*w.elektor.co.uk

all the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.