Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

44MHz to 50MHz frequency converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent01

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to convert a 6MHz signal at 44MHz to 50MHz. I assume the best way to do this would be to convert the 44MHz signal to a frequency around 100-200MHz that I can find a standard 6MHz filter at. I guess I would require two frequency synthesizers (PLL+VCO) that work 6 MHz apart. I am not sure if I can use standard cyrstals that are seperated by 6MHz, and use multipliers to achieve this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If this 6MHz signal is a video signal you can consider first, demodulation to a baseband video and then modulation with 50MHz carrier ..
Other option is to mix 44MHz with 6MHz and filter out all other products (including oryginal 44MHz) except 50MHz product. Here, as the frequency is not that high, you can consider, say 5-pole (or more), active band-pass filter ..
Regards,
IanP

It is a 6MHz digitally modulated video signal, therefore too expensive to demodulate and remodulate.

It will be combined with another 44MHz carrier, so filtering the 50MHz carrier will be very difficult in order to remove all the energy adjacent to it.

Interesting. How do you suggest constructing a serrodyne frequency translator to give 6MHz shift at 44MHz?

A 5 meter wide waveguide being moved at thousands of miles per second perhaps?

Do you think if I use a 6MHz crystal and mix it to 50MHz, the adjacent channel at 44MHz will be ok.

Anyone know where I can find a 6MHz crystal module and a 50MHz bandpass filter with SMA connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back