Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conformal antennas wit HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanne

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
conformal antenna step by step

HI, I would like to simulate conformal anetnnas with HFSS. Is it possible and how to do ?
Thank you in advance

I think HFSS doesn't care whether your antenna is conformal or not. Just setup a model and let it run........

Re: conformal antennas with HFSS

I've done this job...Be careful to the mesh.. it must fit with your structure.. do u have an example of the antenna you are studying?

Lupin
do u have any example of the antenna that needs
to Be careful to the mesh thank u

Thank you Lupin
The conformal antenna that I am trying to simlate with HFSS is a square p.a.t.c.h antenna resonating at 7.55 GHz.
How can I draw a conformal box ?

It's not difficult.. how can I explain it here?

Are u skilled in HFSS? I mean.. simple structures?

Let me know.

Regards

Lupin

You know, I am new in using HFSS.
Although, I have simulate a planar p.a.t.c.h antenna that resonate at 7.55 GHz.
And, I would like to transform this antenna into a conformal one, but with the same dimensions. I don't know how to do.
I send you the figure of the planar antenna that I have simulate.
Is it enough for you ?

I think u need to build the structure up "ex novo".. I don't think there are dedicated commands to turn your structure into a conformal one .. U have to identify a surface (for example your gp), then selcting this u can build up the rest of the layers... I would proceed in this way....

What I want to underline is that the mesh must fit your structure.. do u have experience in CST.. ? In that code it's possible to have a preliminar view of the mesh.. for conformal antennas it's important to check very much.. what relation is between the mesh and structure dimensions....so your file are not sufficient for a mesh check...

I also have a problem...I think it's easier than yours...

I am not skilled on HFSS design implementatio..I know only theorical considerations for e.m. codes...

I have been mostly designing using only Ensemble (every version)... Now I have to use necessary HFSS and I'm quite in a hurry...

Then the HFSS help doesn't work.. I don't know why...

What I have to do is an easy project: a monolayer patch fed by a probe.

I report the dimensions ..

layer: Fr4
Finite ground plane 4 cm x 4 cm
substrate: FR4
height : 2.4 mm
patch dimensions 10 mm x 10mm
probe location (considering the center of the patch as reference): 5 , 0

I really need a step sy step procedure to implement the structure and to run the simulation.For example (how can I create a patch? a layer structure?a probe connecting the ground plane and the patch? how can I set the mesh?...? )

Please help me.
If u need my support in microstrip antennas, arrays, components..please ask.I'll be glad to give the courtesy back.

Lupin

Hi Lupin
I found a document in this forum to simulate a p.a.t.c.h antenna with HFSS step by step. I send it to you.
I can't send you the project because its extensin(.hfss) is not allowed here.
I you succeed in transforming this antenna in a conformal one,please tell me. I am also in hurry.

Hy

can someone help to do the same at CST .

Status
Not open for further replies.