Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed Up VCO Simulation Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfwee

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am running a post layout simulation on my VCO design and normally it will take quite a while for VCO to start oscillating as it need a build up period. Does anyone has any good idea on how to speed up the simulation time without scarifice accuracy as i would like to plot VCO characteristic Vs Vtune.

try to use initial conditions with ur simulation
i think this will speed up the simulation

khouly

tfwee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can use spectrerf for fast simulation

tfwee said:
Hello,

I am running a post layout simulation on my VCO design and normally it will take quite a while for VCO to start oscillating as it need a build up period. Does anyone has any good idea on how to speed up the simulation time without scarifice accuracy as i would like to plot VCO characteristic Vs Vtune.

Once it start oscillating, save this moment(as khouly has suggested) as your initial conditions. Succesive simulations should use this file as initial condtions for the other simulations. This should speed up your simulation without loosing accuracy

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back