Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement for ADC 0804

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibelectronics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
this my place is really dumb! i spent a good part of today looking for this IC but couldn't get it. now i'm wondering if i have to start building an ADC from scratch (that would be a very dreary experience i can tell you).

the guy behind the counter wants me to buy the adc 0811 which he said would do the same thing, but i simply think he wants to get the IC off his shelf. would it work? do you have another replacement in mind?

thanks in advance!!

Re: ADC 0804

you didn't write what you want to achieve?

I'm currently using ad558 - very lovely one indeed, got it running well on proto board within minutes.
8bit parallel input, output voltage either 0-2.5V or 0-10V, without problems i got it to work with around 1.5% max error (with good design it should work better.. I get 9.85V instead 10V max output)
All you need is the chip, one resistor and one capacitor.

ADC0811 is 8-Bit Serial I/O A/D Converter with 11-Channel Multiplexer.
ADC0804 is 8-bit A/D coverter with parallel port; they are not comparable ..
If you don't want to change the hardware or software then you will have to find any other IC from ADC0804 family: 0801, 0802, 0803 and 0805 ..
**broken link removed**
And, if you can't get them the only advice is to choose a more recent AD converter ..
Regards,
IanP

MirekCz said:
you didn't write what you want to achieve?.

i'm using the adc to convert an analog signal into an 8 bit binary input to the parallel port of the computer. the circuit, pc-based oscilloscope is at electronicsforu.com.

i guessed as much. it means if i decided to use adc 0811, not only the software but the hardware would also change, since i'll be dealing with serial port, right? man... i've got something in my hands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back