Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesizing Spartan FPGA using Synopsys FPGA Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNK

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am trying to synthesize my code for Spartan device using Synopsys FPGA Compiler. However, I am not being able to locate the libraries required for the Synopsys tool to work.

I found library for XC4000 devices on Xilinx Website; however there seems to be no further information on how to get or generate library for Spartan family.

Can anyone help me.

Thanks

Come on ASIC designers. I need the help urgently.

Hi!

As I know Synopsys FPGA Compiler supports Spartan family.

Be more specific on version u r using (3.6.1 or others)

Anyway you can find libreries on xilinx site under support ...

Good luck Bart

This is the version I am using. However I couldn't find the libraries at Xilinx site.

Can you give me the link to it?

Do you know if FPGA Compiler is embedded in DEsign compiler or is it a standalone software. When I start DC, it shows that it has loaded FPGA Compiler II. However, in the manuals, I find it a different standalone software.

comments will be appreiated.

Hi !

I think you will found you files here

**broken link removed**

if not try to reinstall the software, it is possible that you unchecked some features.

Bart

P.S. are you using FPGA express as stand alone or via ISE?

I have got both of them. Which one do you think is better and suitable if I am going to synthesize and download my design on an FPGA.

My standalone version seems to be working; however I am not sure which output file does it produces and how I am going to take this file to download it on FPGA. Have any suggestions?

I see there is a folder Spartan2 in my installation directory for Synopsys Tools\FpGA CompilerII.

However it doesn't have any .db file.

How can I locate the library for Spartan family there?

Status
Not open for further replies.