Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC synthesis & FPGA synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjali

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i have done ASIC synthesis on my design using dc. and i have done FPGA synthesis using synplifyPro on the same design.

i have simulated the ASIC synthesized netlist & all test vectors are passed. and i have simulated the FPGA synthesized netlist, but in this case, some test vectors are failed.

can anybody explain, why it is so?

Anjali, You will need to be somewhat more specific about the Test Vectors that failed on SynplifyPro and the warnings or errors thus generated. Reason being DC and Synplify use different optimization strategies. And FPGAs have got some restrictions regarding the RTL which is to be synthesized. So, You should look for the constraints, Optimzation goals, Libraries used and Synthesis properties.

I think the constraints, or library is difference between asic and fpga

Hi anajali,
so ur post synthesis simulations failed.
but again, whether the behavior simulations were working correct?

asic is different to fpga, the netlist passed on asic can not be passed on fpga for ever because the fpga source limitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.