Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB track width... i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
this is my first time to do my own PCB... i hav few question to ask.... thank you in advance...

i am doing the following circuits design on my PCB board(shown below)

1. what is the stadard width to use? i have no idea, i use all track wth width of 0.8mm, is it ok?

2. for the large current track, wad is the require width for the track? is 0.8mm ok?

3. for ground, i c most PCB use very large width... wad should i use for it? wad is the width to use on GND?

4. any site or resources to look for regarding PCB related topic?

thank you x 56

regards,
sp

sp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you IanP...

the link u post contain an excel file which hav formula build in...

but the mil units really make me faint,,,

and i hav few question to ask

Conductor Thickness(oz. per sq. ft. ) wad unit is tht... how do i find out the thickness?...

another thing is "Temperature Rise:" how to find out tht,,, thermometer??

or is there any save/default value for those specification?....

thank you again...

regards,
sp

1 ounce per (sq. foot) = 0.305151727 kg / m2
Typical copper thicknesses are:
0.5oz (17.5µm), 1oz (35µm), 2oz (70µm), 3oz (105µm)

QUESTION: What does temperature rise mean and how does it apply?
ANSWER: Temperature rise means how much hotter the trace will get with current flowing in it compared to without. You have to decide how much temperature rise your board can handle based on the operating environment and the type of PWB material used. Ten degrees is a very safe number to use for just about any application. If you can live with the trace width required for a ten-degree rise, you are good to go. If you want to try to skinny up the traces, ask for 20 degrees of temperature or more.

PCBs overview:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

sp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back