Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Peak detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandeep Karkera

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

Is there any material which explains this concept.Is it possible to implement this on FPGA

regards
Sandeep Karkera

What is a digital peak?

If you want to find the maximum value in a series of numbers, then sure that's easy.

that is not digital peak. Peak detection for the digital data..... coming from an ADC !!!

What I described and what you described seem like exactly the same thing. Please clarify what you need.

The peak detection of the analog signal is very well known.

Now I will sample any analog signal, i'll convert it into a digital data.The resultant digital data peak has to be detected.
I know that for this traphizoidal filter is used. but details about this I have no idea.

Also here analog signal baseline also changes.

You want to filter the signal too? Ok, prior to doing the peak detect, you can pass the signal through a FIR filter that has a trapezoidal impulse response. (Trapezoidal seems like a specialized application such as high-energy physics.) That's a straightforward FPGA processing stage - a few lines of HDL or a core pulled from the FPGA vendor's library.

What do you want to do about the baseline shift?

yes trapezoidal filter is right. The signal here has no fixed baseline. ie refference may shift at any time.

So using trapezoidal filter is it possible to calculate the peak exactly?
What logic i can use in digital domain before the filter for the baseline correction?

One way of removing baseline shift is to measure its average value while the input is quiet. Then you digitize your interesting signal, and subtract the baseline value.

Why do you want to filter the signal? Filtering could distort the pulse shape and therefore its peak value. I realize that trapezoid filters have useful properties, but ... Maybe if you explain your application, then someone can give you more specific advice.

Is there any appication notes doing the same.
Or any link.

Hi all
detection peak of a sin.. signale is simple.
1. sample every T/4

2.Calculate Sp² =S(t)²+S(t+T/4)²
where Sp is the peak value of S
Be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back