Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductive ignition pick-up circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremblaylaroue

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inductive ignition circuit

I want to build a circuit that will pick-up induction from a pulse generated by an engine sparkplug and create a nice digital signal from it...

The trick is to wrap a wire about 10 turns around the sparkplug wire.

The problem is that I don't know how to filter this noisy signal.

The maximum spark duration will be 0.5 ms.

So I need a circuit (very sensitive but well protected) that will detect a voltage surge, produce a ttl level signal from it and maintain it for 0.5 ms to filter out outer spikes produced while spark is occuring.

Someone suggested me to try to put a low-pass filter (L-C) to filter out all HF noise and then a Schmitt Trigger gate or a monostabile to form nice pulses from what is left after LPF, but I don't know how to select the good components...

I searched on the web for a digital inductive tachometer schematic and related stuff without succes.

Any help will be apreciated !

Dany

Status
Not open for further replies.