Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will a ultrasonic transmitter repel mosquitoes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvd

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultrasonic transmitter

I am designing an Ultrasonic transmitter to repel mosquitoes. Will it really work?
Which frequency is the best to transmit at? Please give your suggestions.

Re: Ultrasonic Transmitter

Instead of building an electronic device such as an ulttrasounder better concentrate your energy on a mechanical project such as a bat box as:

One of the unconventional methods of mosquito control is the use of electromagnetic, ultrasound devices designed to confuse mosquitoes. It has found use in a variety of devices including a downloadable software which is claimed to thwart the insects using PC speakers. However the effectiveness is questionable since computer speakers aren't designed for high frequency sounds (15-20 KHz range).

Bats are an extremely effective form of natural mosquito control. One brown bat can consume 1200 mosquitoes in an hour. It's easy to build a bat box to encourage bats to live nearby. One averaged size bat box can provide a home for dozens of bats.

Regards,
IanP

Hi IanP,

Can you give some ideas about creating a bat box? Does this arrangement work everywhere. I have not seen any bats in my area. From where will they come? Please clarify.

Ultrasonic Transmitter

check this for ultrasonic TX & RX

**broken link removed**

nvd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Bat box construction:
**broken link removed**
But I have no idea how to attract them to come to your place ...
Regards,
IanP

nvd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back