Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to change symbol in Allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenven

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I have a problem in change symbol of allegro,
my customer ask me to change the pad size and pitch of R0805 symbol,
but I dont know how to do it...
I change the padstack but it's not the correct step...
can anyone tell me how to do it ?
^_^

Best regards!
:D
seven

I suggest creatinga new pad stack just in case any other symbol in your library uses the padstack that you want to edit.

Allegro has several options to refresh the pad stacks, of which some will refresh ALL pad stacks in the design. This can be a fatal mistake!

(Some designers creats different padstacks with same name residing in different library trees. One tree for reflow soldering, another for solder wave etc. Then it is possible to have multiple choises for same symbol depending on soldering method. The paths to the padstacks can then be set in the user preference menus)

First you open the symbol in Allegro editor. Then you use the tools menu in Allegro to find padstack sub menu. You will there be given the option to change and/or refresh the symbol pad stacks.

If you create new padstacks with different names you can change them selectively one by one or all at one time.

(I do not have access to Allegrio right now but I have done this myself)

Open the symbol as a .dra - you can change the padstack on the fly using - tools - padstack - modify design padstack - but if you refresh padstacks in your design they will revert to old pads - better to create new padstack and use tools - padstack - replace.

After modifying your symbol don't forget to update it in your design - Place - update symbols.

SiGiNT

thanks for both of your help!!
I had already complete it!
really thanks!!
:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back