Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which one is latest microprocessor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truebs

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
latest microprocessor

hello friends...

can you tell me which one is latest microprocessor or microprocessors ?

What is the maximum speed...?
How many bits microprocessors are avaible ?
And some more details about their architecture ?

links or references would also be helpful...

thanks !!

latest microprocessors

truebs said:
hello friends...

can you tell me which one is latest microprocessor or microprocessors ?

What is the maximum speed...?
How many bits microprocessors are avaible ?
And some more details about their architecture ?

links or references would also be helpful...

thanks !!

the intel centrino is the latest microprocessor but i dont have the spec.

before centrino is the pentium 4
the max speed(clock speed)= 1.3-1.8GHz
addressable memories=64 gigabytes
virtual memory= 64 terabytes
bus width= 64 bits
number of transistors= 42 million

pentium 3
the max speed(clock speed)= 450-660MHz
bus width= 64 bits
number of transistors= 95 million (0.25um)

pentium 2
the max speed(clock speed)= 200-300MHz
bus width= 64 bits
number of transistors= 7.5 million (0.35um)

there are much more such as pentium, 486TM SX, 486TM DX, 386TM DX.......4004(the first microprocessor).

u can refer to "Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance Sixth Edition" by william stallings page 35 and 36

regards

latest micro processor

centrino
In March of 2003, Intel officially launched its Centrino mobile computing platform, at the center of which was a new x86 processor designed specifically for the mobile computing space: the Pentium M. That the world's largest microprocessor maker had taken the unprecedented step of designing a mobile-oriented processor for the world's most popular instruction set architecture (ISA) was clear sign that the mobile revolution had finally arrived. Indeed, just two months prior to Centrino's launch Steve Jobs had declared 2003 "The Year of the Laptop," in clear recognition of the growing size and influence of the portable computing market.
By 2003 the mobile revolution had been some time in the making, though, and it was helped along by Transmeta's Crusoe. TM put battery life on the map as a key issue for mobile products, and they succeeded in convincing both Intel and AMD that in many situations, portability and flexibility are more important to mobile users than performance. Not long after Crusoe was unveiled, Intel got mobile religion in a big way, and they put together a team in Israel to work on a new microprocessor architecture designed specifically for the mobile space. The original rumors around Banias, as the processor was codenamed, had Intel starting over completely from scratch and designing a new CPU from the ground up; the new chip was said to have little in common with either the PIII or the P4. As it turns out, these rumors were wrong.
Banias, or the Pentium M (as it's now called) is clearly the latest and greatest version of Intel's venerable "P6" microarchitecture, on which Intel's 32-bit desktop chips from the Pentium Pro down through the PIII were all based. But Banias includes a few tricks from the P4, too, as well as some innovations that set it apart from both processors.
The present article takes a look at Banias a.k.a. the Pentium M (or PM), the processor at the heart of Intel's Centrino platform. Unlike with some of my previous articles, I won't even attempt to cover most of what a CPU geek could possibly want to know about the PM. I cover only the points that I think are the most interesting and the most important from a big-picture perspective. Of course, this means that I'll gloss over a few things, and that I'll leave other things out entirely. That being the case, I've made it a point to resume my recently lapsed practice of including a bibliography with links to sources for more information on the PM. If you want a more general overview of the processor's features, especially with regards to power-saving technologies like Enhanced Speedstep, then you should look there.
As I noted above, the PM is the latest iteration of the venerable PPro (a.k.a. "P6") architecture, probably the most commercially successful microprocessor architecture of all time. Intel's standard line about the PM is that they took what they learned from the P4 and mixed it with the PIII, and that's true in a certain sense. But the best way to look at the PM is as an evolutionary advance of the P6 microarchitecture.
In the following few sections, we'll take a look at what's known about the Pentium M's microarchitecture. Unfortunately, Intel has been close-fisted with the details, but there's enough out there to allow us to put together a

latest version of microprocessor

I is 80856 is recent microprcessor

latest microprocessor

Hi Friends .I was an INTEL engineer 12 years ago ..And in the INTEL Roadmap for 2000 and beyond the idea was to have a multi core processor .And i know that they tried to switch to a 64 bits architecture .It looks like this was not as promising as thought . And with the huge 32 bite software base it seems very logical to see as now dual core and later quadruple core CPU and even more .
As i recall back in those days INTEL had a solid corner of "general purpose CPU" like the 486 and later the Pentium .combined with "gorgeus" I860 vectorial scientific CPU .. made a multi core CPU a good approach for the years to come .
If you analize after the PENTIUM nothing has dramatically changed besides the speed .Which can't be accelerated forever .so 32 or 64 bits is no longuer important as is the integration of multicore CPUs

cheers

latest microprocessor chip

hello,
is the core duo with 1.6G better than the centrino with higher freq.?
thnx.

which is the latest microprocessor

yes definately core 2 duo is better as it has better computational capabilities....and larger cache memories.....

microprocessor latest

The Cell processor included in Play Station 3.

Sal

what is the latest microprocessor

I think this may be DSP such as TMS320C8x

the latest microprocessor

with intel core2duo(32 bit only) is the latest one ..intel also has a plan oof quadcore processor.
n coming to AMD ..athlon is the latest one...its also dual core but of 64 bit.
i think speed of them is same...but AMD works well with graphics,vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back