Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for Mosquito Bat / Fly Swatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bat does not look like it will work. You may as well use one method where a fuel is burnt to make carbon dioxide. This attracts the bugs and they fiy into a high electric field that kills them.

I am reminded of a product marketed around 1925 and was guaranteed to kill bugs. It was two blocks of wood. You placed the bug on one of the blocks and pressed the other block on top of it. Of course the problem was making the bug stay stationary during the process.

flatulent,

This is a working product, I bought it and used it myself, my dad was so please to have it and zapping all the annoying mosquitoes in the evening.

It basically uses 2x 1.5V cells going through a DC-AC inverter, then convert to higher voltage using a step-up transformer. Later voltage being step-up again to approx 1kV using voltage multipliers!

I know how it works, just that I don't have the schematics...

If anyone happen to have or reverse engineered the circuit, please post the schematics...

So the mosquitoes do not fly away when the see the bat coming at them? If a human touches the bat do they feel any pain?

The circuit is probably an oscillator driving a step up transformer.

Mosquitoes are slow moving bug compared to flies. They don't stand a chance when the bat hit them...basically the mosquitoes' body got burnt or seperated...not to mention dead..

The discharge voltage is around >1kV...imagine you touch is with your finger and got zap for 1us....i guarantee you will feel pain and numb (personal experience)

flatulent> just to correct what you have said, this bat thinggy works 101%. I have about 5 of it and been enjoying killling these blood suckers ever since.

As stupid as it seems, you actually try to hit those irritating blood suckers like you did with a tennis ball( except you dun need to perfect your strokes :) ) I very killed >20 bugs within the 5min that i've used it. Watch the floor, and count the 'corpse', there'll be fewer on the bat than on the floor.

It works by stepping up either a 9V or dual -AA, 3v into about 1kV and thru the cct, it send pulses down to 2 parallel wires routed as a net on your bat.

Lets teach those blood suckers a "tennis" lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back